Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Been awhile

I miss sharing my profound thoughts about all things spiritual, most of them Catholic. God has given me so many graces and blessings I feel compelled to share sometimes....
Can I just say that Jesus is...well, in a word , well there is no word..He is just Him. Have you ever encountered Him in a special way? Of course, we meet Him every time we receive the Eucharist. Also when we pray, wherever two or more are gathered...
I have had an amzing experiencemyself. I have seen Him, He has spoken to me. Not in a what you might call a vision, not literally, nor in a metaphoric way either.
It happened one day when I was meditating in our little chapel, where the Sacred Host resides. It was a very troubling and almost hopeless time for me. After I had been sitting and crying for awhile, my mind stilled and I found myself elsewhere, yet still in the chapel. The Lord appeared to me in a dark small room. I was sitting in front of a lit candle. He came in and sat down next to me-wearing His crown of thorns and a not quite white garment. He asked me this "What are we doing? " I replied " We are trying to get warm". He nodded as if in understanding, and simply sat with me then, saying nothing more as we both continued to gaze intently into the candlelight.
What I came to realize when I "came back" into the chapel a few minutes(? )later, was that my Redeemer had come down to me, and that the room was actually my heart. He had not opened the door himself but had waited til I acknowledeged His prescence before He came in. The candlelight was the Holy Spirit that I was deeply hoping would not be extinguished. He had appeared, not in a blaze of glory, not in a blinding light, not with a host of angels, but simply with his crown of thorns. He had not come to take away my pain, nor to fix anything, nor to judge me for a lack of faith.He had simply come to sit with me, to be with me in my time of sadness, to share with me the suffering I was experiencing, even though he was suffering with his own thorns.
I have never before or since felt so completely and perfectly understood, respected and loved. The King of Kings come down to me, a sinner,a very unremarkable and imperfect person, in a way I could not ignore or resist.
My love for Him knows no bounds. He has come to me at times since. Every time I am utterly astonished and filled with unimaginable joy, among other things.
He loves us all equally. He died to save us all. He is there for everyone that wants Him, and even for those that don't. I consider my experience a gift, a way He wanted to reach me when I could not see or feel Him any other way. If it never happened again, I would still be utterly grateful and humbled for the rest of my days.
Jesus, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment